Welcome! Today’s SHEro Carol Lee, shares how she turned to food to numb the pain of the tragic death of her husband.
Her diet, high in sugar, eventually caught up with her, causing panic attacks, anxiety issues, and reactive depression. She knew she HAD to change, so she worked to use food to heal her.
Join me for an inspiring conversation with Carol!
Carol has worked in complementary health since 1993, both as a 5-element acupuncturist and as a nutritional therapist. She combines the everyday with the spiritual, walking with a foot in both worlds.
She helps people make simple, practical changes in how they eat and cook to create a more nourishing and flourishing life.In this episode, Carol shares:
- How she discovered a platform for telling people about the negative aspects of the pre-packaged diet food industry via an “Aha” moment 15 years ago
- How her passion for food and nutrition shaped her life’s path. She even left her work as a social worker for full-time motherhood, and then for training as a nutritional therapist
- How she listened to her intuition and never regretted the decision
- How Carol used healthy foods and solid nutrition to help boost her husband’s health during his cancer treatment
- How Carol, during another “Aha” moment, realised that she had to look after herself before she could look after her sick husband and two sons
- How Carol practices self-care by walking daily and preparing the healthy foods she wants to eat, even if they may not be what her sons would prefer
- Another “Aha” moment involved Carol’s writing a book to raise money for a children’s charity
- Handling “Aha” moments means you have to be open to them and TAKE ACTION
- Carol’s biggest success are her books and the fact that she’s still inspired and trying to make a difference
“Not to be a food Nazi. It’s more about meeting people where they are.”
Favourite Quote:“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that frightens us.” - Marianne Williamson
Firework- Katy Perry
The Medicine Woman
Carol has always been an inner seeker and explorer of alternative approaches to life, health and healing. Food has been her abiding passion and constant companion and teacher as she has journeyed through the many ups and downs of her life.
Carol has been working in complementary health since 1993 when she qualified as a Five Element Acupuncturist and as a Nutritional Therapist since 2003. She loves combining the everyday with the spiritual, walking with a foot in both worlds and helping people make simple, practical changes to how they eat and cook so they can create a more nourishing and flourishing life.
Connect with Carol:
Interview Links And Resources: